|Specsavers County Championship Division One, Tunbridge Wells (day three)|
|Kent 309 & 277-3: Denly 111*, Bell-Drummond 79; Pattinson 2-67|
|Nottinghamshire 267: Nash 67, Patel 52; Milnes 5-68|
|Kent (6 pts) lead Notts (5 pts) by 319 runs|
England batsman Joe Denly scored a fine unbeaten century to help put Kent in charge against winless Nottinghamshire at Tunbridge Wells.
Denly made 111 not out off 176 balls as the hosts closed day three on 277-3 in their second innings, a lead of 319.
A 152 stand with Daniel Bell-Drummond (79) took the game away from Notts.
In the morning session the visitors collapsed from 208-4 to 267 all out, with paceman Matt Milnes (5-68) taking a first five-wicket haul of his career.
Denly, who was left out of England’s World Cup squad, had only scored 44 runs in five County Championship innings as he came to the crease at 19-1.
But the 33-year-old rediscovered the form which saw him score more than 2,000 first-class runs and nine hundreds in the 2017 and 2018 campaigns, hitting 13 fours and spending more than four hours in the middle.
Bell-Drummond was also impressive in making his second half-century in 14 innings this season before he nicked James Pattinson behind.
A heavy shower ended play 11 overs early, time out of the game that may well affect Kent’s chances of winning.
Nottinghamshire, who are bottom of Division One, had begun the day hoping of a first-innings lead – but once captain Steven Mullaney was bowled by Milnes to leave them 228-5, the innings folded.
Mullaney’s side are now likely to have to bat for the majority of three sessions on Thursday to prevent a fourth loss in seven matches.
Tottenham have “grave concerns” over whether Uefa acted strongly enough after their fans reported being attacked by Barcelona stewards at a Champions League match.
The La Liga side were fined 20,000 euros (£17,546) on Friday for “insufficient organisation” during December’s group game.
Video footage emerged after the 1-1 draw that appeared to show fans being struck with batons inside the ground.
The club and fans sent details to Uefa.
Other fans were filmed getting struck on the way into the Nou Camp.
“We have grave concerns that the punishment imposed will not act as enough of a deterrent to avoid a repeat,” said the Champions League finalists in a statement.
“The treatment our fans was completely unacceptable, something Uefa has acknowledged, and some are still recovering as a result of this ordeal.
“No visiting supporters should have to experience what our fans went through that night again.”
Uefa’s fine was imposed on the day that Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino was given a one-match ban – suspended for 12 months – linked to the delayed start of the Champions League semi-final first leg against Ajax.
The Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust said there had been “unprovoked and indiscriminate” assaults on fans and it planned to take legal advice.
“We submitted a detailed dossier of accounts from supporters who were caught up in that night’s violence,” it said.
“This decision by Uefa sends clear signals. It says supporters are fair game for security staff to do what they want to.
“It says that broadcast rights and kick-off times are more important than supporter safety. And it says Uefa is unfit for purpose.”
Uefa and Barcelona have not commented on the statements.
Spurs, who will contest the Champions League final against Liverpool in Madrid on 1 June, were fined 10,000 euros (£8.758) for a delayed start to their home semi-final match against Ajax.